Oma's Online Kitchen Table

This is a place for people to share their feelings, thoughts, stories, & memories of Oma - Shirley Enbar. Oma passed away on October 13th, 2004, leaving a void in all who knew her. Since Oma was about getting, and keeping in touch, Oma's is a place to keep her memory alive, and to share a virtual cup of coffee with Oma whenever we feel the need to.

October 13, 2004

Letter from Lilly Zohary

Oct. 13, 2004

Dear Emil, Liat, Gidi & Mike,


I just received Mike’s sad phone call informing me of Shirley’s death.

I am very sorry I won’t be able to attend the funeral and tell you personally how I feel about Shirley and share with you.

I just want you to know that Shirley was a very meaningful person in my life. We shared times of crisis in both our lives and laughed and cried together about the turn of events in our lives. Even years later, we enjoyed many visits. I and Danny would pop in every time we were up north. Lately we only spoke on the phone. Shirley seemed to always be able to put some creativity into the present crisis- like forming a lunch club with neighbors when she could not leave home due to Emil’s condition. Emil & Shirley’s fondness and admiration for each other was lovely to see.

You come from good and creative stock- Shirley would hope that you remain the connected family she worked so hard to keep so.
Fond regards to all of you,

Lilly (Rozin) Zohary

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home